Blackboard : Edit a blackboard profile
If you are looking to edit a blackboard profile, the online learning platform associated with major universities than you are at the right place. Find all the details here about editing an account, reset password, edit info, change notification settings etc.
About Blackboard Ultra
Blackboard is a prominent EdTech company that serves clients worldwide in higher education, K-12, business, and government. Blackboard combines a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to constantly push the boundaries of learning. Blackboard’s mission is to enhance learning with the global education community so that all learners, educators, and institutions may achieve their goals now and plan for future.
What is the purpose of Blackboard?
Blackboard is a course management system that enables you to deliver information to students in a centralized area, connect with students rapidly, and provide grades to students in an electronic format.
To access your profile, choose your name from the list that displays. Your profile contains some information that you are unable to remove. Your institution determines what you can change.
• Profile picture: Replace the generic silhouette with a photo of yourself.
• Basic Information: Make any necessary changes to your personal information.
• Password: Modify your system’s password.
• Global Notification Settings: Configure course activity notifications.
• Cloud Storage Accounts: Access your data stored on the cloud.
How to change profile picture on blackboard?
Upload or change profile picture
You can only save one image file on your profile.
Others can see your image in messages, chats, groups, and course rosters.
- Choose the pencil sign by pointing to the generic silhouette or your image to add, change, or delete a picture.
- In the panel, click Upload new profile photo to find your image on your computer.
- You may also drag a file to the Upload box.
- Your photograph is instantly saved.
- To return to your profile, close the panel.
Replace or delete your profile image
Drag another image in to replace it.
Click the Delete this picture button to return to the generic silhouette, which will destroy your existing image file.
Modify your data and choices.
You may edit the information connected with your persona in your profile.
- After pointing to a detail, such as Full Name, choose the pencil icon.
- Make any necessary changes in the panel and then click Done.
Edit or Change your blackboard information and preferences.
Your profile is where you may change the information associated with your persona. Your profile displays with certain information, and you are unable to erase it. What you may customize is determined by your school.
- To access your profile, select your name from the list that appears.
- After pointing to a detail, such as Full Name, choose the pencil icon.
- Make adjustments in the panel.
- When you’re finished, click Done.
Change your blackboard Password
- Go to the sign-in screen and choose the Forgot Password? option to change your password.
- Fill in your first name, last name, and username.
- You must have an active email address associated with your account in order to receive instructions. Alternatively, provide your first, last, and email address.
- After providing your information, you may create a new password by following the instructions in the email. The password will remain active until you again change it.
- You may also change your password from the Profile page. Change your password by going to your profile and clicking Change Password. Change your password in the Change Password window. Enter both your old and new passwords one by one in the specific box.
When you’re finished, press the Save button. If you change your system password, it will have no effect on any other accounts you use to access Blackboard Learn, such as Google.
Blackboard Notification settings
Concerning notification settings. If you see your name on a list, your courses will show in the Ultra experience. The notification system is always on.
In your active stream’s Notification Settings page, You may choose which activity notifications you get in all of your Original and Ultra courses.
Select which activities will display on your Stream page.
To get notifications, enter your email address on your profile page.
Then, define how often and for which activities you want to get notifications.
To receive SMS text messages on your mobile phone, add a phone number. Then, define how often and for which activities you want to get notifications.
Notifications through push:
Messages will show on your smart device if you do have the Blackboard app for students installed. You have control over which alerts are sent to your smartphone.
Change Blackboard Notification
You may choose how and when you want to receive alerts. You may customize the kind of notifications you get and how they are sent to you.
To access the Notification Settings panel, click the Stream Settings button on your Activity Stream page. These settings can also be found on your profile page.
You have complete control over which activities display in your stream. To open the panel, select the Stream Notification Settings option.
Due dates, grades, and feedback notifications are constantly shown in your stream.
You may specify the alerts you want to receive regarding activity in all of your Original and Ultra courses.
You may select to get all or certain types of alerts. When you choose all alerts, a checkmark appears. When you choose some alerts, a dash appears.
Notifications by email
To open the panel, click the Email Notification Settings tab. You won’t see any options on the Email Notification Settings page if you haven’t added any email address to your blackboard profile page.
Select how frequently you want to receive emails about activities in your Original and Ultra courses.
Email me once a day:
Your organization gathers and delivers all notifications once a day at the time you select.
Email me right away:
Please send me an email as soon as possible. Individual alerts will be sent to you for each activity on the list you select.
In the Notify me by email about these activities section, select the notifications you want to receive:
If you do not wish to receive emails about the activities on the list, uncheck all of the check boxes.
SMS text message alerts
To open the panel, select the SMS Notification Settings option. If you haven’t included a phone number to your profile page, you should do so, there are no choices on the SMS Notification Settings tab.
In the Notify me by SMS about these activities section, choose the notifications you want to receive:
If you do not wish to receive SMS text notifications about the actions on the list, uncheck all of the check boxes.
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of products. HydExcust.org is not an organization intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and HydExcust.org cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply HydExcust.org’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.