The Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is a large-scale initiative of the Government of India that is being carried out by the Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance. PFMS has proven to be a strong digital platform in support of the Prime Minister’s vision of DIGITAL INDIA. The Office of the Controller General of Accounts designed and deployed PFMS, a web-based online software programme (CGA). PFMS was launched in 2009 as a Central Sector Scheme of the Planning Commission with the goal of tracking money granted under all Plan schemes of the Government of India and real-time reporting of spending at all levels of programme execution. Following that, in 2013, the scope was expanded to include direct payments to beneficiaries under both Plan and non-Plan Schemes.
- PFMS is an IT platform designed by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) to track money disbursements from the Government of India to different levels down below under all Schemes until the last level of usage.
- On a real-time basis, reports usage under these schemes at various degrees of implementation.
- It has now evolved into a unified gateway for payment accounting and tracking.
- NIC provides technical assistance such as application development, database management, portal hosting, and so on.
The major goal of PFMS is to help the Government of India (GoI) create a strong Public Financial Management System by establishing an efficient cash flow system as well as a payment cum accounting network.
As part of the GoI’s Digital India strategy, PFMS offers diverse stakeholders with a real-time, trustworthy, and relevant management information system, as well as an effective decision support system (Government of India).
The upgraded programme is intended to handle all GoI Plan and Non-Plan payments, as well as all tax and non-tax receipts, as well as functions such as a full HRMIS and self-contained pension and GPF modules. In the future, all existing independent systems serving diverse roles in the Government of India would be absorbed into PFMS.
The integration of PFMS with the country’s essential financial system is its greatest strength. As a result, the portal has the unique capacity of directing online payments to nearly any beneficiary/vendor. At the moment, the PFMS interface is linked to the Core Banking System (CBS) of all Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, major private sector banks, the Reserve Bank of India, India Post, and Cooperative Banks.
Functionalities of PFMS
- Tracking the money status of all registered accounts: Keep track of the funds position of all registered accounts. It can monitor bank balances and account transactions in real time via a unique interface. Aside from transaction data, PFMS keeps track of all money issued for Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- The System can initiate and track money e-transfers, beneficiary e-payments, and salary e-payments. Last-mile e-payments made using the system can be automatically recorded as an expense.
- Expenditure Filing: Provide a platform for all schemes to file their expenditures. As a result, available bank balances and component-specific expenditure may be tracked using the same interface.
What is the purpose of PFMS?
- Release funds in a logical order.
- Maintain and accelerate spending.
- Observe the rate of expenditure.
- Confirm the parking of money.
- Keep track of the cost-effectiveness of your spending.
- Have a solid feedback mechanism in place.
- Report and certify accurate expenditure.
- Demand is the driving force.
- There is no limit to yearly spending within standards.
- An influx of thousands of crores.
- A large number of spending agencies.
- Numerous levels of fund flow and spending.
- The majority of expense is handled by village committees.
- Financial monitoring is critical for evaluating project performance.
- Expenditure is critical to attracting additional money.
Monitoring of funds flowing from the Center to the lowest level of implementation—both for money flowing to State Consolidated Monies and for funds flowing to Implementing Agencies.
- Registration of all agencies receiving money – at all levels of operation – as well as their bank accounts.
- Payment to final recipients through banking channel
- Reducing the amount of float/funds in the agencies’ bank accounts
- Provision of money to agencies on a “just in time” basis, based on available floats/funds.
- Capturing component-wise expenditure in real time at all implementation tiers, including Panchayat and village levels.
- All levels of programme administration (Centre, State, District, and Local Government, i.e. Panchayat / Municipality) will use the Decision Support System (DSS).
- Improve openness and accountability in government spending.
- View your account statement in real time.
- Reconcile the final balance.
- All financial transactions should be monitored centrally.
- Download transaction summaries and other information to use offline.
- Real-time tracking of financial development.
- Monitoring the usage of funds, including the final use.
States will engage in activities:
- Integration of the State Treasury with PFMS.
- All SIAs must be registered on PFMS (1st level & below).
- State Schemes are mapped to their corresponding central schemes.
- Configuration of PFMS State Schemes.
- Setting Up State Scheme Components
- Identify and setup the state scheme hierarchy.
- Integration of PFMS with Scheme-specific software.
- Trainer deployment and training
Requirements for payment via PFMS
- State Level Agency Registration and Approval on the PFMS Portal
- Agency mapping with the scheme/location by PD.
- Agency Administration creates “Data Operator and Data Approver” type Users.
- Obtain DSC Class II or III in PFMS for Data Approver.
- PFMS DSC Enrollment and Signatory Configuration
- E-payment account activation (DSC&PPA).
- Payment can also be made using PPA.
- Alignment of the agency’s bank account with the component.
Network with many systems
- PFMS is integrated with all public sector banks, RRBs, major commercial banks, Gramin Banks, Cooperative Banks, India Post, and the Reserve Bank of India’s Core Banking Solution (CBS).
- This enables near real-time bank account validation, fund transfer, and access to implementing agencies’ bank balances.
- The system is set up to accept electronic payments via Digital Signature, Corporate Internet Banking (CINB), and Payment Print Advice.
- The system is also linked to different MIS of Ministries/Departments and DBT Bharat.
How to Check PFMS balance?
Go to the PFMS Official Website
Select the Custom Name link.
All PIAs registered at the degree of customization chosen will be shown.
Choose Bank Account.
When you pick a bank account, the available balance in that account will be shown.
How to check the status of PFMS with Aadhar card?
- Step 1: Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Step 2: Enter the Aadhaar Confirmation Number.
- Step 3: Enter Word Verification – Type the letters displayed in the image above (Letters are not case-sensitive).
- Step 4: Press the Search button.
PFMS GSTN Tracking
When a taxpayer submits a refund application in form RFD-01, PFMS validates the bank account specified in the refund application. Only when the bank account has been successfully validated may the tax officer issue a payment order in form RFD-05. Following the issue of RFD-05, the system checks the bank account specified in the payment order. Following successful confirmation, internal payment processing occurs inside PFMS, which includes DDO/PAO approval, online scroll creation, and subsequent submission to banks for ultimate disbursement.
The following actions must be taken in order to track the status of bank account validation on the PFMS Portal:
- To keep track of the status of bank account validation, visit the Official Website
- To verify the status of your bank account validation after filing RFD-01, choose the ‘GST Registered’ option on the page, input your GSTIN or Account Number, and then click on ‘View Report.’
- The validation status is displayed.
- If you wish to verify the status of your bank account validation after the tax officer has issued the payment order (RFD-05), click the ‘GST Successfully Processed’ button on the page, input your GSTIN or Account Number, and then click the ‘View Report’ button.
- If the record does not shown under ‘GST Successfully Processed,’ validation has failed. You may see the report by selecting the ‘GST Under Process’ button on the screen, entering your GSTIN or Account Number, and clicking on the ‘View Report’ button. The validation failure error explanations must be displayed.
(Note: If the problem in bank account validation results from a technical error during file exchange, the GST System will rectify it and submit it to PFMS for revalidation.) If there is a failure due to erroneous bank account data, the taxpayer must change the bank account in the refund application, and the tax officer must re-issue the payment order RFD 05.)
PFMS Know Your Payment
Under the Central Plan Monitoring System, the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is in charge of the payment of different social sector scholarships for the Government of India (CPSMS). Below here in this page will provide you with detailed information on how to check the status of your PFMS payment.
directly go here https://220.127.116.11/Static/KnowYourPayment.aspx
PFMS Payment Status with Account Number
- To begin, you must go to the PFMS official website to find out your payment status.
- Now, select the “Know Your Payments” option.
- Determine Your PFMS Scholarship Payment Status Using Your Account Number.
- Following that, you must select Know Your Scholarship Payment Status By Account Number.
- Then you’ll be taken to http://18.104.22.168/Static/KnowYourPayment.aspx.
- You should now be prompted to enter your bank’s name.
- Then, accurately enter Your Bank Account Number.
- Enter Your Account Number again for Confirmation.
- Fill in the Word Verification box with the letters displayed in the picture on the page.
- Finally, press the Search button.
PFMS Payment Status with Aadhaar Number
- To check your payment status, go to the official website using the direct link provided on this page.
- Click on the “Know Your Payments” tab on the right side of the Home Page.
- Now, click the link that says “Know Your Scholarship Payment By Aadhar Number.”
- Following that, you must enter your Aadhar Number.
- Than you have to Enter again your Aadhar Number to Confirm.
- Enter Word Verification by typing the letters shown in the image.
- And then press the Search button.
PFMS Frequently asked Questions
|The Implementing Agency has a bank account that is not linked to PFMS. How can I use this Account to make payments?||You can't since the bank isn't linked to PFMS. Suggest that the agency create an account with a bank that is integrated with PFMS.|
|I registered my agency on the PFMS main page. Who will certify my company? And how can I know whether my agency has been accepted or not?||You have registered your organisation as a state-level organisation. You must get it deleted from the PFMS Technical Team. In the event that it is not a state-level agency. If it is a state agency, it will be authorised by the PD in the ministry.|
|Can my agency have many maker/checker users?||Yes.|
|I've already registered my agency for one scheme, and I'd want to add another. What is the procedure for this?||After logging in, navigate to My Scheme>Register New Scheme.|
|Can I open an account for my company with India Post?||Yes.|
|Can I use the same bank account for more than one Scheme?||Yes, one agency and many schemes are permitted.|
|What should be done if there is a discrepancy between the data for “agencies to be registered” provided by State authorities and the data provided by the PFMS Portal?||What should be done if there is a mismatch between the data given by State authorities for "agencies to be registered" and the data provided by the PFMS Portal?|
|Because the location of several health villages is not mapped on the PFMS System, I am unable to register many of the VHSNC existing there.||The State has been asked to submit a list of Villages that are not listed on the PFMS site. As a result, the PFMS Technical Team may map it.|
|Because certain VHSNCs have bank accounts at non-CBS bank branches, I am unable to register such VHSNCs.||The State must supply the Ministry with a list of all such banks that have not yet been connected with the PFMS portal, so that the PFMS Technical Team can integrate the accounts, resulting in agency registration up to the root level.|
|I am unable to remove some of the incorrectly established agencies since transactions have already occurred in those agencies. What need I do to obtain the same?||You must include the contact information for such organisations.
So that the PFMS staff may provide technical assistance.
|When I try to register an agency, the system displays an error message about a duplicate bank account. What should I do in this situation?||"Using your Account Number, search for existing Account Holder Details on the Home page, then click on the ""REGISTERING AGENCIES PLEASE CHECK HERE IF AGENCY IS ALREADY REGISTERED"" link."|
|I did not get my login name and password by email. How can I have the same?||To regain your login information, go to the Home page and click the "Forget Password" link.|
|I've updated the scheme and bank account information. Who will provide their approval?||This has been approved by the PD.|
|The name of the agency has a spelling error. How can this be remedied?||You can't since the Agency's Maker can edit the same.|
|Can I update my agency's contact information, such as phone number and email address, later?||Yes, Agency Admin has the ability to change data from Master>Agency profile.|
|In the event that I forget my password, how can I recover it?||On the home page, in the Log In Section, click the Forget Password link. You can also obtain a password using the Unique Agency Code.|
|What does Pending Approval from PD indicate in the Status? In this scenario, who should I contact?||Division of Programs (PD). The permission will be granted by the concerned Central Ministry, which is responsible for distributing money to the state.|
|How do I correct Agency Details in PFMS before approval?||Details can be updated by the Agency Creator.|
|During account registration, all of my scheme components do not appear. How do I add them?||Agencies>Manage.|
|Is it possible to register the agency without a bank account?||Agency Administrators can do so by going to My Schemes>Scheme Components.|
|What exactly is a Unique Agency Code?||No.|
|I misplaced my one-of-a-kind agency code. How can I get it back?||A unique agency code is a code created by the system to uniquely identify an agency. This is accessible in My Details>Agency Profile when an Agency Administrator logs in.|
|Who will be in charge of approving the Agency?||The agency's inclusion in the database will be approved by the appropriate Ministry's Principal Accounts Office.|
|Who is the point of contact for Agency Registration?||The point of contact might be the I Head of Organizations or (ii) Officer-in-Charge of Finance/Accounts in charge of scheme execution in the Agency.|
|Whose bank information is necessary when registering agencies?||Details of the concerned agency's (rather than an individual's) bank account where money from the Plan Schemes are received.|
|When producing a penalty, the agency does not show.||This occurs when the agency information are not selected or added while mapping the user.
I Return to user mapping.
In the agency name, choose the Contain option.
When you press the search button, all of the appropriate agencies will display; tick the relevant check box next to the Agency name.
(ii) Select the Add more button.
(iii) On the top right, click the "Save" button.
|The functional head of account does not appear in the sanction generating process.||Request that your Pr. Accounts Office map the scheme with the relevant Head of Account.|
|How does the information of another user get updated whenever a user is transferred or changed?||Go to Change Profile and click on the link underneath the log out or change password on the left side of the screen, then enter a new user name, designation, e-mail address, and phone number and submit.
Your Pr. Accounts Office would have to authorise each new user and his or her profile.
|What should you do if the bank account that has to be mapped does not appear on the PFMS portal?||No. you must register VHSNCs as agency instead of vendor while transferring funds through PFMS.|
|Can I choose VHSNC as a vendor and pay or advance funds?||No, when sending payments through PFMS, you must register VHSNCs as an agency rather than a vendor.|
|What should I do if banks take an unusually long time to approve bank accounts?||You must report such incidents to the Ministry and the technical team.|
|What should I do if I encounter a lack of cooperation from banking personnel?||The State may advise the bank to contact the head office on the orientation of staffs in remote areas for the orientation of bank personnel. In this respect, the Economic Adviser has also recommended that a letter be sent from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to the chairpersons of the banks and the Secretary of Finance.|
|According to RBI standards, all states are experiencing a problem. PAN is a required document for bank accounts, however PFMS does not require it for transaction processing. As a result, the banks are unable to complete the transactions.||States are encouraged to apply for PANs for all Rogi Kalyan Samities established under the Society Registration Act and to utilise these PANs for PFMS transactions.|
|All of the authorised components in the PIP have yet to be properly mapped on the PFMS System, thus expenses cannot be recorded under the final Code Sub-activity (eg: many Codes under Routine Immunization are yet to be mapped on PFMS)||All approved activities are not available in PFMS, however the activities in FMR that have been finalised by the GoI are available on the PFMS portal.
As a result, states are urged to record expenditures in accordance with the FMR codes.
|There is a delay in reflecting PPAs on the bank site – up to 2 to 3 weeks in some circumstances – as a result of which payments to beneficiaries/ suppliers are delayed in these cases.||In the event of such lengthy delays, the problem should be brought to the attention of the PFMS technical Team, along with full transaction information. However, not only the NHM but also other government schemes use the PFMS site for DBT and non-DBT payments. This is owing to the high load in the PFMS portal, although the CGA office is taking measures to enhance processing speed.|
|How should I make statutory payments such as TDS, ST, and so on using PFMS?||The CGA has already been informed of the integration of government accounts for the payment of TDS/Service Tax and other government liabilities through the PFMS portal, and the technical Team is working on it.|
|Can I make a single payment to many categories of beneficiaries?||No, you may only pay for one type of Beneficiary at a time.|
|When making a payment for purpose, the system displays an error message indicating that the Agency Bank account is not linked to the component. How do I go about doing so?||Contact your agency administrator so that he or she may modify the component mapping from MYSCHEME>MANAGE>SCHEME and edit "Agency account scheme component mapping."|
|Beneficiaries' Aadhaar-based payments were denied by the bank; how can I make account payments to them? When should we utilise the Excel Upload Option to initiate payments to recipients?||Priority is given to Aadhaar-based payments; however, if the beneficiary's Aadhaar-based payment is refused, the beneficiary is now automatically accessible exclusively for Account-Based Payments.|
|Where can I get a copy of the Approved List of Beneficiaries for Payment in Excel?||When you have a high number of beneficiaries (more than 500) for payment and payment to beneficiaries differs, you can utilise the default amount option for the majority of the beneficiaries.|
|How do I add extra recipients to a current Voucher?||E-Payment>File with payment information>Download|
|How the option 'Take Beneficiary From Previously Paid List:' works in Step 2 of Initiate Payment.||Beneficiaries can be added as long as the Voucher has not been submitted for approval.|
|What should be entered in this field?||You must enter the "Voucher No." of a previously purchased list. Beneficiaries who were paid earlier in the previous list will be available for payment in the current payment period.|
|The beneficiary's account-based payment has been denied. How can I update a beneficiary's account number?||From Masters>Beneficiary Management>Manage Beneficiary, update the Beneficiary's Account Number. The new account number will be forwarded for verification. After receiving clearance from the bank, you can make Account Based payments on your new Account Number.|
|While approving payment, it was discovered that some extra beneficiaries were on their way. How may these beneficiaries be removed from this transaction?||Additional recipients cannot be removed while the Payment is being approved. Refuse the payment and ask for a refund "“Maker” to generate a new voucher with the proper list of beneficiaries.|
|While authorising payments, it was discovered that the recipients were being paid the incorrect amount. How can the payment amount in this transaction be corrected?||You can't do it. Refuse the payment and ask for a refund "Maker” to generate a Voucher with the right amount.|
Beneficiary Management FAQ’s
|What is new in the file New Common Beneficiary Data Format.xls?||Previously, you could only input Payment Amount; now, you may enter Center Share Payment Amount and State Share Payment Amount for the beneficiary.|
|Is it possible to use PFMS with Post Office accounts?||Yes.|
|We'd want to add beneficiaries who have Post Office accounts. What should we put in the "Bank name" field?||POST INDIA.|
|How can I find the IFSC code for a Post Office branch?||Go to Menu Bank/Post Office>Bank Branch Post Office Listing on the PFMS Home Page.|
|How can I find out if a bank's IFSC code is registered in PFMS?||Go to Menu Bank/Post Office>Bank Branch Post Office Listing on the PFMS Home Page.|
|What Should You Do If a System Rejects Beneficiaries with the Error Description Beneficiaries IFSC Code Is Invalid?||Otherwise, delete the Beneficiary from the Beneficiary Data Excel file so that Beneficiaries with proper data may be submitted in PFMS.|
|I submitted/uploaded the beneficiary, but the status from the bank is "Not authorised." What may be the explanation behind this?||Because the individual beneficiary bank may not be connected with the bank, it displays awaiting Approval from the bank. You may get a list of banks that have integrated with PFMS by going to the Home Page>User Support> Bank Account Validation Time ..|
|Where can I see the submitted beneficiary's Excel file once I've posted it?||Beneficiaries may be edited by going to Masters>Beneficiary Management>Edit Beneficiaries.|
|We have supplied Aadhaar numbers as well as bank account information to recipients. Is it true that PFMS would seed Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts?||No, PFMS does not seed Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts at NPCI.|
|In edit beneficiary, for the past few days, the system has displayed the bank account status as "sent to bank"; what should be done in this case?||Because the individual beneficiary bank may not be connected with the bank, it displays awaiting Approval from the bank. You may get a list of banks that have integrated with PFMS by going to the Home Page>User Support> Bank Account Validation Time ..|
|We have uploaded the beneficiaries' bank account data as well as their Aadhaar numbers, and we will issue Aadhaar-based payments to the beneficiaries, however PFMS is still showing the status as 'Sent to Bank' in Edit beneficiary. When we are planning to make Aadhaar-based payments, why is PFMS sending the data to banks for account validation?||Priority is given to Aadhaar-based payments; however, if the beneficiary's Aadhaar-based payment is refused, the beneficiary is now immediately accessible for Account-Based Payment. As a result, the Beneficiary's Account Number is likewise verified.|
|Can I change the beneficiary information in PFMS after importing it? If so, do I also need to update the same information in MCTS?||Yes. Furthermore, you do not need to update the Beneficiaries information in MCTS. Once a Beneficiary is paid, PFMS sends updated Beneficiary information to MCTS.|
|Using this option, we are unable to add 'Mother' type JSY beneficiaries. What are our options?||You may add Beneficiaries by selecting "Import Beneficiary Data" and selecting the Beneficiary type "Mother."|
|When we submit beneficiaries through excel file, some appear instantly on the approval page, while others appear after a certain number of days? Why is this the case?||Beneficiaries with accounts in non-integrated banks are instantly displayed on the approval screen.
Beneficiaries with accounts in banks that are connected with PFMS are forwarded to the bank for approval.
For contact information, please see the link below.
Toll Free No. 1800 118 111
Phone/Fax: (011) 23343860
- PFMS HQ Telephone List
- Helpdesk (CPMU & SPMU)
- SPMU Dashboard
- Scheme wise Contact List
- State wise list of Sr.AO/AO/AAO posted in SPMU
Currently, the PFMS mobile App offers information on Bank Related KPIs in relation to the Public Financial Management System. The app, which is intended for use by Bank Nodal Officers and Scheme Managers, checks the status of Payments transactions as well as Beneficiary account validation, among other KPIs. Registered PFMS users will be able to access the app on their mobile devices thanks to an OTP-based security mechanism.
This is the first version of the software, and additional features will be developed and launched in the near future. The App is available on Google Play Store.
Click Here to Download the PFMS APP
O/o Controller General of Accounts
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
Public Financial Management System – PFMS
3rd & 4th Floor, Shivaji Stadium Annexe
Connaught Place, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Marg
New Delhi – 110001
PFMS Official Website Click Here
HydExcust – Click Here
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of insurance products. HydExcust.org is not an insurance intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and HydExcust.org cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply HydExcust.org’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.